Index of MCQ generators for year 1 revision.
Before you use these, please note the following points:
- This software respects your privacy: you have not had to identify yourself to get to this page and I do not record who uses
it or for how long, nor do I record your performance. I have always taken the view that private study should be just that - private.
- The software expects a device with a keyboard (not just a touch screen)
- These are machine-generated revision questions and are not identical to real exam questions. Real exam questions tend to be themed (e.g.
Which ONE of the following enzyme classes attaches a phosphate group to a protein?, whereas the questions generated by this
application have no theme. They are simply four false statements drawn randomly from a bank and one true statement drawn
randomly from a bank, and you have to identify the true one. Thus a statement about joints may be with one about genetics and one
about pharmacology. This, I think, makes these more difficult than themed questions and I would regard 50%
as a pass mark on this revision system.
- You may find it more fun to do this with a partner.
- You will note that the question generators for later parts of the course still include statements from earlier parts of your course : this is intentional, as you are supposed to remember it all.
- Real exam questions are checked very carefully by a committee of subject experts. These statements used by this software,
on the other hand, are put together by me, working
quite quickly and sometimes away from my own field: if you think you have spotted an error, please feel free to e-mail (a screenshot would be helpful).
- Nothing in this system is secret and you are welcome to view the source codes. Note that the bank of statements used here may
overlap with statements used in real exam questions but real questions may include additional statements not included here. The idea
is to give you practice, not to provide a resource for rote learning of actual questions (which would be pointless educationally).
- This system is NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE PEERWISE - engaging with Peerwise will encourage deeper learning: the system here is only a self-test tool.
MCQ generators currently available:
Please note that these are cumulative - the older material is always included because you are not supposed to forget it, and it will be examined again at the end of year 2.
If you find these MCQ generators useful, please let me know and I'll make more for other parts of the course.
Thanks, and good luck in the real exams!.