- The swing doctors* are Edinburgh-based swing dancers.
- We dance old swing styles, like Lindy Hop, Charleston, Shag,
Balboa, Laminu etc.
- We have a particular interest in the rarer styles of swing
dance, and introduced Balboa and Shag to Scotland in the
late 1990s and lamanu (/laminu) and Cakewalk in the 2000s.
- We perform and teach for the love of dance, not for profit,
and happily promote other
- One of the Swingdoctors (JD) is a member of the UNESCO Conseil International de la Danse
- We are the resident teachers at the Edinburgh University
Swing Dance Society and often teach for ESDS and Dancebase.
- We sometimes teach 'fun' lessons at parties, to get the
dancing going, for donations to charity.
- We sometimes teach one-off workshops, by arrangement, to
money for charity.
You can contact us on 0131 6502999, 01620 895413 or 077884
434340 or by e-mail: email@example.com
- If we can't help, we may be able to out you in
someone who can.
* - A nom-de-danse that arose from a
band-leader's quip; our real names are
and Katie Brooks, and we both happen to have the title of 'Dr.'
CLICK HERE FOR FREE NOTES AND VIDEO
CLIPS ON SOME OF THE MATERIAL IN OUR CLASSES