3Rs: Refinenement, Reduction and Replacement of animals in research
This laboratory has a strong interest in 3Rs principles. To this end:
* We have developed advanced organ culture systems to study development in vitro.
* We have developed cell lines for high-throughput in vitro screening
* We have developed RNAi-based techniques for knocking down gene function in cultured organs
* JAD has edited a book on animal replacement technologies (see image right)
* JAD serves as Deputy Chair of the National Centre for 3Rs